Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT) is an S&P 500 company in the free and open source software sector, and a major Linux distribution vendor. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina with satellite offices worldwide. Red Hat has become associated to a large extent with its enterprise operating system Red Hat Enterprise Linux and with the acquisition of open-source enterprise middleware vendor JBoss. Red Hat provides operating-system platforms along with middleware, applications, and management products, as well as support, training, and consulting services.
Red Hat has an extensive array of Social Media properties. There are significant customer/ prospect visits to those sites and a lot of content is consumed. However, there was no accurate measurement of how engaged the customer was in the process, how they felt about the engagement, what they said about the engagement and how these comments compare to what is said about competing brands. KINSHIP digital suggested to Red Hat Australia and New Zealand that their challenge was to understand:
- Where are their customers online?
- What are their customers’ social behaviors online?
- What social information or people do Red Hat customers rely on?
- What is the customers’ social influence, i.e. who do they trust?
- How do Red Hat customers use social technologies in the context of your products?